We are looking for new team members who are talented and passionate about human rights.
If you want to use your skills and experience to change the world then we might just have the right role for you.
1. PROJECT STAFF
The project staff will –
- Coordinate and attend relevant meetings and discussions related to the project;
- Monitor meeting outputs and post-activity plans;
- Provide support in the implementation and monitoring of activities identified under the project’s constituency engagement;
- Assist the Project Lawyer in –
- Coordinating with the families as well as government agencies such as the Commission on Human Rights
- Monitoring the cases of the families under the project
- Preparing legal documents and case documentation, if necessary
- Conducting legal research for the project, if necessary
Candidates must –
- Be willing to learn and go on field and community visits
- Have demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Be capable of handling responsibilities with minimum supervision, capable of learning and adapting to new tasks and situations and resourceful
- Be a team player and able to relate well with people
- Share the organization’s VMG in advancing and promoting the rights of marginalized sectors, identities and local communities
Preferably, candidates must also –
- Have experience in legal research or knowledge on human rights-related laws and policies
- Have a background in legal resource NGO work
- Have an experience in coordinating with government agencies
- Be available to start immediately
Deadline for application is on 14 November 2021 and if a candidate is selected earlier, we will close it earlier.
Duration of contract is until April 2022.
2. GROWTH OFFICER
This is a permanent position which manages the Growth and Activism Program to grow and develop AIPh constituency towards mobilization for human rights impact. Responsibilities and functions include managing the program, projects and its people and leading initiatives and innovations on growth and activism. In particular –
- Ensure stakeholder participation in strategic planning cycle for growth and activism.
- Lead the project cycle management in growth and activism multi-year or annual operational plan, projects and work unit priorities with corresponding budget.
- Ensure integration of growth and activism to internal strategies of AI movement and work of other AIPh programs and projects.
- Manage the performance of staff, interns and volunteers assigned under the program.
- Develop and maintain tools, resources and systems for membership servicing.
- Collaborate, develop and implement capacity-building programs and activities to catalyze and sustain individual members and formations.
- Create and develop formations in priority areas (regions, cities, etc) for growth and activism.
- Facilitate conflict transformation involving members and formations in coordination with the Grievance Committee for Members.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches and techniques to activism, including organizing models, that engages different AIPh constituencies and creates local impact and presence.
- Develop and implement projects and activities for engaging and retaining supporters.
- Coordinate trainings for members toward impact-driven human rights activism and create leaders, multipliers and innovators at the local level.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with 4-5 years of relevant experience OR not less than 5 years relevant experience and trainings
- Demonstrate ability to manage performance of staff;
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis, sound analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates capacity to build partnerships;
- Demonstrate ability to apply concepts and frameworks in day-to-day work;
- Be able to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms of Filipino and English; Cebuano is highly desirable
- Be a team player with the ability to relate well with diverse people;
- Share the organization’s vision and core values;
- Be able to start immediately.